Thursday, September 22, 2011

Silk Flower Hair Accessories

 Silk Flowers for my girl's piggy tails! I finally have hair accessories to match my daughters church dresses.

My dear friend and I made these hair accessories today. We had so much fun creating and designing these beauties!



I purchased silk fabric and used some old skirt linings and suit jacket linings to make these beautiful hair accessories. As usual, I have to craft using something I already own and I have to use up what scraps I have laying around. I cut many different sizes of circles and spent time over the flame of a candle to complete this project. I burned the edges of the circle shaped fabric and it caused them to curl. Then I layered them on top of each other and glued them together using a hot glue gun.

 I used floral flowers for the hair accessories below. I took the fake floral flower apart and glued each petal on one piece at a time. I thought they turned out bright and cheerful. I used old blouse fabric covered buttons for the center as a delicate accent.











Here they are on display for me to look at and enjoy for a day! I can't wait to do my daughters hair tomorrow! So many hair accessories to chose from. It was good to chat with a good friend today and work on this craft together. Thank you dear friend!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful meg! you are so talented, my goodness! quilts, cakes, furniture, clothes, gardening...you can tackle anything and do it wonderfully! i am just inspired. so glad you're keeping a record of your creativity to share with us. hope to see you in real life sometime soon, you are such a treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete