Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Scrappy Sampler Twin Quilt

Here is the finished project laying on the end of the bed. This is my first sampler quilt and I am sure it won't be the last.

Here is a sneak peak of both the front and back sides of the sampler quilt.
My goal was to use every scrap of fabric I could find in my house for this quilt. I was running low on scraps so my neighbor gave me some of hers and I used them in this quilt. It has so many different colors but the boarders and sashing tie it all together well.
I can't believe how time consuming this project was. Would I do it again......yes but with the awareness that It will take months to complete. I started this Sampler Quilt class in January of 2011 and I finished this quilt in September. So 8 months later here is the final work of art. I struggled with some of the quilt blocks but I learned many valuable lessons from taking the class from Myrna. What a great patient teacher!

Here is my sampler quilt after it was machine quilted by Myrna and now it needs to be bound. I sewed the binding on one side and hand stitched the entire twin quilt on the other side.

This block was fun to do.

Packing the quilt top, batting and backing to get quilted.

Here is the back of the quilt. I had fun trying to find the right combination of fabrics to make it come together.
I laid out all the blocks and sashing before I sewed the rows together.
I love to use my rottery cutter to make nice strait rectangles for the sashing.
Quilt squares stacked and pressed flat.
Below are all the quilt blocks as individual squares with the name of the design below each one.
"Dresden Plate"
"Jack-in-the-Box" ( I didn't use this one because it didn't match.)
"Drunkards Path"
"Jack-in-the-Box"
"Beth's Block"
"Rippling Star"
"Log Cabin"
"Night and Noon"
"Bear's Paw"

Made up version of a "pinwheel star"
"Rail Fence"
"Kentucky Chain"
"Paper-Pieced Hearts"
"Railroad"
"Turkey Tracks"-my own version.
"Crows Foot"
"Lillies"
"Double Cross"
"Churn Dash"
"Flying Geese"
"Pinwheel Star"
The finished Scrappy Sampler Quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I love it Meg. I wish I could make one of those! How in the world do you have time to make such a detailed quilt with three little kids? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete