Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Refashioned Green Paisley Dress

BEFORE & AFTERS
Green Paisley Dress BEFORE....

Cute skirt AFTER!

 Yes, I couldn't let this dress go to the DI. I had to refashion it into a beautiful skirt. My niece gave it to me and I loved the print. It did not fit her or I but I knew the fabric was in great condition and I wanted to experiment with my sewing skills. I took the dress apart and began sewing...

 I unpicked the elastic inside the waistline of the fabric. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! This was a project that I did not spend a penny on. That is the kid of craft I like!  

 Here is a picture of the elastic after I unpicked it. It came out beautifully. I folded the top of the skirt over and  sewed it. Inserting the elastic with a pin on the end was a cinch. I sewed the two ends of the elastic together and then sewed the opening. HERE is the finished skirt. Now.....What do I wear with it?

 I took in the top by slimming down the arms and sides. I don't know if I will actually wear this shirt, but I had fun making it smaller and practicing my sewing skills. I took this outfit from a size 22 and trimmed it down quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment